DURA® I650 beams are prefabricated using the revolutionary composite material of ultra-high performance concrete and high-carbon-high-tensile steel fibres (UHPdC). It is an excellent solution for bridge engineers looking for a swallow beam solution and high-durability option for beams with a span range of 15 to 20m.
- The UHPdC used for DURA® I650 beam has characteristic compressive strength range between 120 to 140 MPa; characteristic flexural strength of 20 MPa, and characteristic cracking strength of 7.5 MPa.
- DURA® I650 beam is typically prestress to 70~80% of the 'guaranteed' tensile strength of the strands. Strands used are 15.2 mm diameter 7-wire super strands (low relaxation) complying with AS 1311; with a guaranteed tensile load of 250 kN and ultimate breaking load of
- DURA® I650 beam eliminates the used of conventional steel reinforcing bars and stirrups, except at regions where jointing detail are needed during construction. All steel fibres used are made from high carbon steel wires with tensile strength of minimum 2300 MPa.
Advantages of DURA® I650
- DURA® I650 beams are highly durable and impermeable. It is therefore suitable for use even in harsh environments.
- Ease of handling/transportation and installation - DURA® I650 beams are significantly thinner in section and at least 50% lighter than conventional beams. This weight efficiency also leads to further optimization of the foundations and support structures; at the same time contributing to a sustainable development regime.
- DURA® I650 can be produced to desired lengths with increments of 0.5 m. Spans outside the indicated range can be considered on request.
- Due to its high durability, high ductility and high fatigue strength, it provides excellent resistance against impact and abrasion loads.